Board of Review
Jo Daviess County
Duties of the Board of Review include:
- The Board of Review convenes on or before the first Monday in June.
- The Board consists of three members appointed by the County Board. In order to qualify for the appointment, a member must be qualified with experience and training in property appraisal. Two members must be from the political party receiving the highest vote for a County office and one member from the political party receiving the second highest vote for a County office.
- The Board hears all complaints on real property and on its own motion, it may increase or reduce any assessment.
- All complaints on assessments must be made in writing to the Board within 30 days after the publication of assessments. The complaint must be on the prescribed form and must have original signatures. No faxes are accepted.
- Adding omitted property.
- Equalizing assessments by township within the County.
- Issues certificates of error when an error in any assessment is discovered.
- Reviews and determines eligibility of application for Property Tax Exemptions, forwarding them to the Illinois Department of Revenue for final approval.
- Approves the Senior Citizen Assessment Freeze Homestead exemptions.
- The Board of Review adjourns when the work for that assessment year is completed and the assessment books are certified to the County Clerk.
Board of Review Complaint Form & Procedures (2023) SESSION CLOSED
2023 Real Estate Assessment Information
|The 2023 Assessment Cycle has closed. The final filing deadline for 2023 (payable 2024) taxable year has passed for all of Jo Daviess County Townships and the Board of Review is prohibited by Illinois law from accepting further assessment complaints for this taxable year. 35 ILCS 200/16-75.
Your next opportunity to file an assessment complaint will be for the 2024 (payable 2025) taxable year. This can only be filed after your 2024 assessment notice is published in a local newspaper. In the meantime, any questions about your property's valuation can be addressed to the Assessor of the Township in which the property is located. Click HERE for contact information for your local Assessor.
For more information about Real Estate Assessments in Jo Daviess County, please click here.
CLICK HERE FOR 2023 REAL ESTATE ASSESSMENT LISTINGS BY TOWNSHIP